Photo Tour Namibia –
The Ultimate Experience
17-day photo tour along the highlights of Namibia
May 4th through May 20th, 2024
Namibia is a country where you will travel from one highlight to the next. You will undoubtedly be filled with wonder. Namibia is located between the Kalahari desert and the Atlantic Ocean and one of the youngest countries in Africa. The diverse cultures, the spectacular landscape and its wildlife are a dream for every photographer. This 17 day photography tour takes us through the most beautiful areas – Ultimate Namibia!
Forty-two percent of Namibia's land is under the oversight of highly successful wildlife management. Most countries in Africa have declining numbers of endangered species, Namibia has growing numbers. Even outside its national parks.
But Namibia is above all a country with very diverse landscapes, from beautiful red sand dunes and extremely dry and rocky areas to the wildlife parks with drinking wells for a diverse selection of animals. Inbetween this strange but beautiful nature you will suddenly find a German colonial town, a bustling harbor or a beautiful lodge, something that gives the trip an even more special touch
During this trip we travel with a maximum of 6 participants in a 10-seater 4×4 all-terrain vehicle. In this way, every participant has a spacious seat at the large sliding windows. The car is driven by a so-called "expert guide" from one of the best safari operators in Namibia, so we will use local knowledge and experience during the trip.
Highlights of this photo tour through Namibia
- Experience Namibia together with a nature and wildlife photographer with over 15 years of Africa experience. (more than 400 days of self-drive experience and more than 75,000 km traveled through southern Africa)
- During this photo tour through Namibia you will learn all the tricks of the trade and come back with more knowledge AND an amazing portfolio!
- Learn all about nature from the accompanying guide who knows everything about the areas we visit and animals we will see
- Limited to just 6 participants for maximum individual attention
- Stay in luxury lodges and hotels on a full board basis
- Visit Quiver Tree forest and Giants playground and photograph silhouettes both at dusk and at night
- Discover Lüderitz, a historic coastal town
- Photograph the ghost town of Kolmanskop, a remnant of the colonial mining era
- Discover Klein Aus Vista on the edge of the Sperrgebiet and photograph the Milky Way in a very special location
- Photograph and explore the tallest sand dunes in the world at Sossusvlei
- Spend a night under stars in one of the darkest places in Africa
- Explore the charming coastal town of Walvis Bay
- Enjoy the Living Desert tour we make in the coastal dunes
- Take a private boat trip on the Atlantic Ocean and enjoy encounters with sea lions, dolphins and water birds such as pelican and flamingo
- Photograph the coastline of Henties bay and take a dune walk through the dunes of Swakopmund
- Visit the famous Spitzkoppe and the beautiful surroundings
- Enter on game drive Erindi looking for the big 5
For a full image impression, look at the bottom of this page for a selection of the images from May 2022
Itinerary day by day:
After the success of the 2022 edition of this photo tour, the trip will of course be continued and will take place from the 4th to the 20th of May 2024. If you want to know everything about this trip, please send me a message so that we can arrange a non-binding meet & greet or schedule an online meeting.
Are you considering participating in this small-scale trip with a maximum of 6 participants? In that case, request the full travel description at the bottom of this page.
- Day 1: Departure from the Netherlands
- Day 2: Arrival in Windhoek
- Day 3 & 4: Quiver tree forest and Giants Playground
- Day 5: Luderitz
- Day 6: Kolmanskop and Klein Aus Vista
- Day 7 & 8: Sossusvlei and surroundings
- Day 9: Namib desert and Namib Naukluft
- Day 10: Walvis Bay
- Day 11 & 12: Swakopmund
- Day 13 & 14: Spitzkoppe
- Day 15: Erindi game reserve
- Day 16: Departure from Windhoek
- Day 17: Arrival in the Netherlands
This unique photo tour through southern Namibia focuses on landscape, macro and wildlife. Where possible, we sleep in the most fantastic locations with ditto accommodation. In terms of comfort, we will lack nothing so that we can fully focus on our photography.
We use our own specially equipped 4×4 with plenty of space for each participant and their own window seat. The physical strain is minimal, but the walk to deadvlei can be a challenge for some. Due to the structure of the trip, it is suitable for photographers of every level, but also travel enthusiasts and notphotographers are very welcome. Because we often use the same accommodation for a longer period of time, you could, for example, spend a morning or afternoon relaxing at one of our lodges
The price of this trip is € 8,395 and is based on accommodation in your own private rooms. Sharing a room is of course possible and will result in a slightly lower travel sum.
- All accommodation in one full board base
- Transport in one luxury air conditioned 4×4 safari vehicle with a spacious window seat
- All regular meals
- Continuous photographic accompaniment and assessments of the results on regular basis
- Services of a locally registered and experienced (English-speaking) safari guide
- All entrance fees and excursions as described in the itinerary
- Transfers to and from Windhoek Airport
- Mineral water and soft drinks on board the safari vehicle
- NiSi filters can be borrowed on request for this photo tour
- International flights to Namibia and possible airport taxes
- All meals not included in the detailed itinerary (will be sent on request)
- Drinks in the lodges and during dinners
- Laundry service is available at select lodges at an additional cost
- Items of a personal nature (telephone charges, souvenirs, medicines, etc.)
- Travel and cancellation insurance
- All items and services are subject to availability at the time of going ahead with this trip. In consultation we can switch to a comparable accommodation
- The terms and conditions apply to this trip
You can use the request form at the bottom of this page to receive the extensive brochure.
Of course you can also call me on + 31 6 43094804.
Interested in other trips? Then take a look at my full range photo tours.